The overall objective of the project is to enhance food waste management practices in selected municipalities and SMEs within the HORECA sector by developing a Roadmap and a step-by-step methodology to implement the EU Circular Economy Action Plan requirements regarding food waste. This will be achieved through the assessment of current food waste management practices, the identification of best practices, the formulation of Circularity Indicators, and the creation of training materials and an online platform to facilitate education and implementation of the plan.
- To assess the current food waste management practices in selected municipalities and SMEs in the HORECA sector
- To compare the assessment results above with the best practices in the relevant fields
- To develop a concrete set of Circularity Indicators that will be used to describe both the current and the future description – monitoring of food waste management
- To assess the gap between the baseline assessment and the requirements posed by the EU Circular Economy Action Plan using the Circularity Indicators
- To develop a Roadmap and develop a step-by-step methodology to implement the EU Circular Economy Action Plan requirements regarding food waste
- To present all the above as training/educational materials and implement training courses in selected municipalities and SMEs in the HORECA sector
- To develop an Open Education Resource online platform which will include & host all the above.
- Newsletter #1
- Newsletter #2
Follow ADVANCE Project on social media
ADVANCE Website: https://www.advance-foodwaste.eu/
EU Programme: Erasmus+ KA220-VET – Cooperation partnerships in vocational, education and training
Project duration: 28/02/2022 – 27/02/2024
Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union. The European Union cannot be held responsible for them.