Research and Innovation are two very important areas of our operations and integral part of our business approach.
SIGMA has managed numerous consulting engagements and delivered several projects in Operational Risk Management, Business Resilience, Continuity, Information Security & Incident Management, Crisis, and Emergency Response, in international environment across various countries under different cultures, corporations & industries of all sizes in Europe, the Balkans, Middle East and Asia.
SIGMA, capitalizing this experience, is continuously investing as a project partner and/or coordinator, in various Innovation & Research initiatives, especially in SMEs-oriented fields.
Areas as Risk Management, Business Governance and Resilience remain in the center of these efforts, aiming to increase competitiveness and sustainability of the organizations. To this effect, SIGMA develops strategic synergies and partnerships with both local and international entities, whether solution providers, networking organizations or clients.
Utilizing our networks we invest in research and development projects, creating new methodologies, new products, solutions and approaches to the benefit of the industry, all organizations and of course of our clients.
Indicative Research and Innovation projects SIGMA invested and participated in the previous years include initiatives as in the following list:
- EU-Funded Methodology to improve the stability and resilience of SMEs
- EU-Funded project for the digital transformation of SMEs
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Methodology for SMEs and micro-enterprises (GRCEssentials Erasmus+ Project (grc-essentials.eu)
- CirculaR Economy strategy FRAMEwork for sustainable SMEs
SIGMA is a proud partner and member of several key organizations in its business fields as the below:
- the Strategis – Maritime Center of Excellence, a non for-profit organization with the vision to become a global R&D and consulting center in Advanced Technologies, Strategy & Business Models for the Smart-Sea & Blue economy.
- the Business Continuity Institute, the leading global institute and professional association for Business Resilience and Continuity.
- the Enforce Network (European Network For Research & Excellence).